Tuesday, May 22, 2007

When will we say enough is enough......and do something?

We have 12 - 15 million illegals in our country with more crossing every day and breaking our laws by being here everyday. Our elected persons in Congress and Senate are playing games with each other while nothing gets done. I am tired of it. The Senate sits there wasting OUR money trying to pass weak bills that have no teeth in them and expect us to say o.k.. This is wrong.

What I would like to see is a real Bill with some teeth to it. Something that stops the flow of Illegals and will set up some sort of punishment for those who have purposefully pissed on our Sovereignty as a Country by crossing our borders. And PROTECTS OUR BORDERS!

I don't care who you are or where you are from. If you come to this country, come LEGALLY and we have no problems. Contribute to the livelihood of our country by your skills and enjoy the pursuit of happiness.

Should there be a mass deportation? I don't think so. Should we deport people who have arrived ILLEGALLY and believe the idea that we as a Country owe them something just for being here? Yes.

Should illegal immigrants be given legal status? They should over time. I think if they have shown that they are contributing lawfully to OUR society and have shown that they are not here just to leech off of our economy and claim benefits that should not be theirs, and send the money back to where they are from without having to pay taxes? Absolutely NOT.

So while our elected officials have a pissing match to see who has the biggest sack, we have real issues as a Country to deal with.

I live in Nevada. While I love living here, our school system is horrible. I am sure that this state would benefit greatly from investing in our future by hiring qualified experienced teachers. That would be great. Currently, we are ranked 48th or 49 in the country for schooling our young ones. That is terrible! Especially when our great states representative is the MAJORITY LEADER.

How much time and money has been wasted over the last few months paying the salary and benefits of our elected leaders so they can puff out their chests and try to strong-arm the Executive Branch?

If they truly cared about what is going on they would try to put together a bill that would benefit the COUNTRY and not their own political agenda. Stop trying to take care of the special interest groups. We all have special interests and things that we would like to see happen. I think though, and I hope that you agree with me that sometimes you need to set those aside and look at the bigger picture and realize that before we can work on those we need to handle the main special interest of everyone concerned as one country.

If, our elected officials cannot do this then we as a country need to send them a message that this will not be tolerated and we will not give them the authority to represent us as individuals.

They need to be voted out and fresh blood needs to have a crack at it. We give them the honor and the responsibility to govern. If they cannot or will not then, we have the duty as citizens to find someone that will.

Stay tuned........

No comments: